Sunday, June 9, 2013

Be careful when you golf

I have heard of people gotten hit by wayward golf shots. Today I was unfortunate to witness my flight mate hit by a golf ball in the face.

Holes 3 and 6 of Kranji Sanctuary Golf Course share the same cart path along parts of the hole.

We were playing on Hole 6 and my friends parked their buggy on the track near their ball. One of the guys on Hole 3, playing towards the green, hooked his shot and the ball headed towards my friend's buggy. It hit our flight mate, who was sitting in the buggy, right in the face.

He was very lucky that the ball hit him on the nose bridge; he would have lost an eye if it was slightly left or right. He was taken to the hospital for thorough check.

What I have learnt from this episode:

1) Always be vigilant of your surrounding even if it is not your turn to play.
2) Put on eye wear when you golf; some eye wear are impact-proof and can protect your eyes when tragedy strucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment